Jaden has been on Summer Break now for 2 weeks. What fun have we been up to-not much! My big Bro Josh graduated from Pharmacy School on June 6 at 9 in the morning- on the complete opposite side of town. All of us, but Owen had been sick with a cold all week and seemed by Thursday to finally be recoved. Of coarse Friday morning when I have to be out the door by 7:30- poor Owen wakes up with a really bad cough and a soar throat. Well, I get everyone ready and rush out the door. When we get to the graduation Owen has a fever and being the great mom that I am I have no Tyenol to give him relief. When we get back home I get him all taken care of and put him down for a nap. When he wakes up he seems to be doing much better. Saturday morning he gets up with a fever again, but besides that and his cough- he still seems to be okay. I put him down for his morning nap and when he woke- he was a bit lathargic and was having trouble breathing (his chest was sinking in about 2 inches-SCARY). I rush him to the urgent car and they take him back right away. They pull the Doctor out of a room, hook him up to monitors and give him a breathing treatment. The Doctor tells my that his oxygen is really low and he thinks that he should be taken by abulance to the hospital. Okay FREAK OUT moment. How did this cold turn into something so terrible so quickly?? Anyway, after an abulance ride, a chest x-ray and 3 breathing treatment later-- he is fine, it's just croup. The good Doc. perscribes a steriod for throat and chest and Anbuteral, he was back to normal in a few days. I knew that croup could get bad, but none of my kids ever had it before. I feel for all the parents with poor children that get croup alot!!(Owen after his breathing treatments and a dose of steriods, he was so hyper jumping around the hospitals crib like he hadn't had any trouble breathing just 20 minutes earlier!)
With gas prices being as high as they are we havent done much of anything. I took the kids to the library, they have had friends over and spent the night at Grandmas. We are pretty boring!!!
I have a problem sometimes, remembering all of the blessing that I have in my life from time to time and I feel that all I do is complain and whine about it. As if no one else in the world is going through the same thing! Heaven Father always have a wonderful way of pulling me out of it. At church I have the oppotunity to teach the beehives. I love it!! Just being around them, talking to them and being able to help guild then is such a wonderful blessing in my life. I would be completely content serving them for the remander of my days!! It is often though the lessons I teach them that Heaven Father humbles me and I am truely greatful!! Well right now in YW everything is crazy busy. Camp is soon approaching and I able to go again! (Thank you to John's Mom my Mom and my lovely sister Jami for watching my kids!) I LOVE camp! What a great opportunity to get to know the girls, not just my Beehives, but all the girls on a more personal level and also for us leaders to continue to bond so that we can serve the girls better.
Hopefully our summer wont be completely lacking in the fun department and we will have some adventures!
[Watch] Guru on Redbox 2007
6 years ago




10 comments:
I was actually going to try to call you and see if you were still alive since it had been so long since you posted! Sorry to hear about Owen. I am glad he is okay now. Don't worry about being a "boring" mom. Sometimes the best memories are right in your own backyard. (Besdies, I have never thought you were a boring mom. You always seem to know how to have fun!) Have fun at Camp!
I hate scary hospital moments! That is so scary that his chest was in 2 inches! Wow! I would have freaked out too! From the Heather that I remember, you are an awesome girl and one of the happiest and smiliest people. I love that about you! And I completely agree about teaching young women. I think it really makes you a stronger person. They are such an example. Have fun at camp!
Croup is so stinkin scary! Mine have all had it and many trips to the hospital- I HATE CROUP!! Have so much fun at Girls camp! I loved going I think I went like 9 years or some crazy number like that! You're a great Mom!
It's been almost a month, Heather! I've been missing you. I'm also glad Owen is okay. Rebecca once had croup, and it is so yucky.
ok I know I already checked out your blog but wanted to leave a comment! Owen is such a cutie but I am so glad our kids didn't catch that! Oh yea exciting news!!...Call me!
I was just about to leave a comment saying where were you, but alas you have returned!! I am so sorry to hear about your little man, how awful!! Oh and you totally made me cried when you wrote about your Beehives because I was released a few months ago from the YW presidency and oh how I miss those girls!!
Croup is awful - I remember Mason getting it really bad last summer when I was up at my parents in Utah. I just laid there awake most of the night watching him breathe!
And we're all having the same kind of 'boring' summer days - I think that is what summer is all about! No schedules, just relaxing fun and using your imagination!!
So glad your little guy is okay! I hate those freak-out moments - we just had one too and I don't ever want to relive it again! I'm in the boring mom's club too.
Poor Owen. So glad to hear that he is doing better.
My girls will be so excited you are going to camp. They will get pampered as far as getting their hair done!
I bet the young women love you! You are probably the fun young leader in there.
That stinks about Owen. Reese had croup once and it is just plain not fun!
I'm glad to see a new post from you! (well new to me since I've been out of the blogging world myself for a couple weeks)
Post a Comment