So its been 3 weeks since I have been a full timer at school. For the most part I really like the schedule. I am home in the evenings to have dinner with the family and to put the kids to bed leaving a little bit of quiet time at the end of the day for John and I.
Today though, was a rough day! Mr Robert, my new teacher, is a bit of a pill. He is a great teacher-when he's teaching- and is pretty thorough. I have learned a great deal already in the last couple of weeks from him, comma but Our first classroom day with him, he gave this grand introduction telling us about himself and giving us his rules and letting us all know that he is going to be treating us all with respect and so he wants our respect in return.
Well, thus far I am not feeling the R.E.S.P.E.C.T.!! It seems that every time I turn around he is lecturing the class. I know that it is not me that he is speaking to so I try to let it go and get my work done.
Well, today I have to say that I am SICK of the power trips. I feel like he feels that because he is the teacher that he has some right to talk to us as if we are children. "Hello Bucko! I am only 10 months your junior!! I ALSO deserve to be treated as an adult!!" I know that there are problem students in the class who DO need to be lectured, why cant them be pulled aside so that the rest of us don't have to hear it? Its a major downer dude!!! AND for those of us who are staying on task, would it kill him to be a little complimentary?? Instead, he finds fault in our moving on. Like today, we were readying ourselves to do a mock curl reformation on our Amber manikins. He tells us that he wants us to really water down the cholesterol that we use (its like a conditioner) and then he leaves. Well instead of sitting there, we get some cholesterol and water it down. When he gets back about 15 minutes later he says, "I didn't tell you to get any cholesterol yet! And you guys have got WAY to much!" Hello you left! And everyone around me only put about a 1/4 cup in their bowls and filled the rest with water! Whats your prob Bob???
Oh and he disappears ALL of the time!!!! One minute he is there and the next he is gone, like magic, but not the entertaining kind. How are we supposed to get anything done if he is not there to give us direction???? Whenever he left the classroom he was gone for about 20-30 minutes at a time. Yet we have to ask him to do this or do that. I feel as if I am 2 and if I get caught in the hall after using the restroom, I am going to be put into time out! ARGHHH!!!! I am so frustrated!! It was never this why in Ms Jeannine class! Mr. Robert, maybe you need to go to her and get some advise!
[Watch] Guru on Redbox 2007
6 years ago




4 comments:
Heather - I love that even when you're mad you're still polite. "He is such a pill" is my favorite. Is he going out to take smoking breaks because he just can't handle the pressure? Sounds like he needs to stop teaching.
I remember some of the instructors being that way when I was in school! Right now it is hard cause you have to be around it all the time but the time will fly and soon enough you will be out of that place! Sorry he sucks! Hang in there! :)
That sounds really frustrating. Luckily after your done you dont have to deal with him again.
well, as the oldest poster here and lots of experience with bad teachers, and that my friend is what HE is..I would go over his head to the supervisor and let that person know what his mealy mouthed little habits are and indicate you may not tell anyone to take their courses at Euphoria as they may get the pompous ass that could take creep of the year awards hands down, but then, my love, thats just your mom talking, I personally would like to smack him so hard his grandchildren will be born dizzy, is that over the top?
Post a Comment