Sunday, June 28, 2009

Where has the TIME gone??

Holy Crow its been FOREVER since I've blogged!!
So much has happened! Where to begin??

MARCH:
John's surprise 30th birthday party. For all who know John, know he is way into comics. So his birthday was of coarse a Super Hero themed! It was a blast- good food+ good company= Great time!
John tested for Metro Police and passed all of the first tests so now we wait!







April:
April was a big month for me at school. We had a NO HAIR contest with our Sam mannequin heads and I took 1st place. It was so much fun and everyone did such a wonderful job. On the 29th of April my class moved up from freshmen to juniors and went out on the clinic floor to work on real live people!! One word to some up the experience so far, AWESOME!!!!!

Vanessa's, Joie's, Elisha's

Brandy's, Selest's, Lori's

Mine, Danielle's, Shanti's

Katie's, Benita's, and Jessica's

My class celebrating Ms. Jeannine's Birthday (Lori made the awesome cake)
Top left to right: Lori, Joie, Annah, Ms. Jeannine, me, Elisha, Katie, and Vanessa
Bottom: Brandy, Selest, Benita, Shanti, Jessica, and Danielle

May:
We went camping with the kiddos for Memorial Day weekend up at Mt. Charleston and went hiking and played catch.









I was released from Young Women's after serving them for 3 1/2 years and called to the nursery. I am sad to go, but I had a good run and the Bishop gave me the go ahead for girls camp so I'm excited for that, and happy to be able to serve where ever I'm needed.

June: Major bummer of a month!!!! John didn't pass the Back Ground check with Metro this time around, so he has to wait 2 years before he can try-out again. They couldn't give us the reason why they just said that he could try out again in 2 years. WHICH TOTALLY STINKS!!!!! John still hasn't been able to find work. Stressed does not even summarize how we feel right now.

A few days later we found out that my Uncle Charlie passed away- he was only 38 and he died of a heart attack! John, my parents, grandparents, and sister Jami went up to Oregon to help my Aunt Wendy and my cousins, Brian and Kimmy, with the funeral and to help her move back down here so that they could be with family.

One cool thing did happen this month though, I gave the office manager, Zena at my dentist a facial and she gave my a $40 tip and said that I have "Healing Hands" So anyone want a facial?? If not, I can take care of all of your hair care needs, give you a Mani pedi, and wax your brows, pits and more...

This last week hasn't been so bad. Owen is potty training. It only took seeing his younger cousin-who's not even 2 yet-go potty, to convince him to go on the BIG BOY POTTY. He is doing fairly well. Not many accidents. I was feeling adventurous this morning and took him to church with only his briefs-no pull ups or diapers for back up- and he stayed dry. Hopefully in 2 more weeks we can say good bye to diapers!!


Forecast of things to come in July. I am switching to days at school starting on the 6th. this moves up my grad month to April of '10 instead of October. I am so looking forward to being able to get done with school sooner rather than later. Big thank you to Johns Mom for being willing to watch my little ones. I am not looking forward to the DRAMA that comes with day- it will be like high school all over again.

I leave for Girls camp tomorrow afternoon. I truly love all of the YW in our stake and in my ward especially so I am really happy to go and spend camp with them.


Well that about sums it up!

6 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Well, well, well. Look who decided to join us all again. ;) I'm glad you blogged...you've been missed. You guys sure have been busy. Have fun at girls camp.

P.S. I'm listening to Weird Al's "Whatever You Like" and totally cracking up. Love it.

Shalae said...

Okay, I'm secretly jealous you are going to Girls Camp! I miss our days with the Beehives! Have so much fun! Good luck with Owen and the potty training and with school DRAMA! ttyl!

Marylin said...

Holy Moly You are back!! You guys have been busy, sorry about your uncle and John not making metro. Things will work out, hang in there! Glad that school is going well, although I do not miss it at all!! Keep us posted when ya can Love ya

Emily B said...

I'm sure you are super busy - hair school, three kids, church callings, etc., etc. I was hoping you didn't give up on the blog completely, and I'm glad to see you didn't. I'm sorry about June. Hopefully a great July will make up for it. Is it weird that your kids look older to me in this post? I know it's only been a few months. I'm glad you're back, Heather.

Ronda said...

Finally, it's good to hear from you. But I can see why you haven't been blogging lately. I hope John can find something soon that has got to be hard. Hopefully things will start looking up.

Best Life with Kim said...

It's great to see you blogging again! I'm sorry for the misfortune with the job. This economy sucks right now. One thing we have to remember is that the Lord works quietly and on his time schedule, not ours. We had a guy in our ward lose is job about 18 months ago and through help from family, fasting, and a lot of prayer he has finally been able to find a job. I'm sure if you keep the faith, and stay positive things will happen for you.