Tuesday, May 20, 2008

We've Been Busy

Last Friday Chaparral High School had it's last concert under the direction of Marsha Borovicka. It was so great to have been able to go and see old friends and sing Friends as is tradition at every Chaparral Spring Concert.


Mrs. B even had a part in the concert, something she NEVER has done before! At least not while I was in her class!! Expressions performed a Mary Poppins Musical and Mrs. B played the bird lady. It was so wonderful to see her on stage!





On Saturday we went to her retirement party! It was a blast! Sharing memories of our high school choir days with her and some many good friends!! I wish I would have taken more pictures. I was to busy gabbing that I forgot to take pictures! I did happen to get this picture though! The Stanley/Lawson now is a Stanley/Christensen crew!!



I feel so privileged to have had such a wonderful music teacher in high school, who shared her love for music with 11,812 students in her 33 years of teaching. So many of my most memorable high school moments were because I was in choir. Choir helped mold me into the person that I am today and I will always be grateful for all that Mrs. B has given me.




Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Love you Mrs.B.





Monday was Kitty Ward Family Night at Chili's! I was all for NOT cooking! So we loaded the kids up and off we went!









Owen for the past few weeks, has discovered the joy of singing. I don't remember what song was playing, but he was all into it!!




This is Mrs Douglas, Jaden's AWESOME principle!!!!



It's so wonderful to make friends and memories that last a life time. It brings me such joy to be able to share great moments from my past with my children, and watch them create their own!








5 comments:

Kourtney said...

I love Owen's singing! He's such a cutie!

Emily B said...

I love the picture of you and your family with Mrs. B. I'm sad I missed all of the retirement festivites. Maybe I'll send her a letter. That's awesome that she was in the musical. I've been to a few concerts since we graduated, and I've never seen her be part of the concert either.

Heidi said...

I know the Borovickas well. Good family friends. --Andrew Dixon

Cassidy said...

Owen is so cute! I need to still give you the copies of the picturew we have from the concert.

Nan said...

Owen is adorable!! He should join a choir ASAP with a voice like that!!:)