Monday, November 10, 2008

Halloween

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, second only to Christmas of coarse!! The weeks leading up to Halloween though made it really hard to get into this year, but that's life! Busy busy busy!!! The up side is that it doesn't take much to still have a good time and that we did!!
We went to Jaden's Fall Festival at her school, something we look forward to every year now. The kids had a lot of fun seeing their friends and playing all of the carnival games. I was volunteering at the popcorn and hot cocoa booth part of the night, so unfortunately I didn't get to take pictures like I wanted. Bummer! We all still had a great time anyhow so all is well!
On Wednesday Bradley had his school party. He had a great time playing with his friends and eating cupcakes. After school, his class paraded for us parents in their costumes.



Jaden had her class party on Thursday. They enjoyed eating hot dogs, cake, cookies, jello made to look like eyeballs, and some veggies while listening to Halloween music and playing bingo.

Halloween day was really busy! I made witch finger bread sticks while John and the kids carved pumpkins. Sadly I didn't get any pictures of them carving their pumpkins and it just donned on me that I didn't even take any pictures of the finish product! I am so mad at myself right now!! Man that stinks!!!
After that we headed over to my parents house for dunch (dinner+lunch=dunch). Jeremy and Katie came into town for the weekend. It was great to have them here to join in the Halloween fun. We ate lots of good food. Thanks Mom and Dad for the poor man dinner it was yummy!! After food and a game of charades, it was off to our ward Trunk or Treat for the long waited for candy!!
With the lack of funds this year all of our costumes, besides Bradley's, was thrown together with what we already had. Which in my opinion makes it even better and the cost of costumes now are absolutely ridiculous!! So this is what we ended up being this year: John was the Love Machine a.k.a. himself he didn't dress up this year and when he was asked what he was, that was his reply. Jaden was Hannah Montana, of coarse. She had a wig, but it was to itchy so she took it off, before we got any pictures of her in it. Bradley was Iron Man!! He loved his costume and when in it, he was NEVER out of character. Owen was a Cowboy Sheriff and also a little trigger happy. And as for me, I was The Amazing Bearded Lady.




Now we look forward to my third favorite holiday... Thanksgiving!

side note: I don't know why, but now whenever I upload pictures, they show up as text on my editing page. If anyone knows why this is or how to fix it, please let my know because it's driving me CRAZY!! Thank you.

7 comments:

Ronda said...

Your pictures are probably showing up as text because you are clicked on the edit part, which shows the pictures as text. Cute Halloween costumes. Love the cowboy.

Kourtney said...

You guys all looked so cute! Costumes ARE a rip off. Bradley's costume was $40 and was falling apart before Halloween. So I had to stitch it up that night! I wouldn't have a problem paying the money if they were nicely made!
Bring on the turkey!!!

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

Heather- We too are not excited about buying costumes for our kids. That is what inspired Elise's tutu. Okay, I had the same issue with pictures. When you are on that page of creating a post there are 2 tabs off to the top right. One says Edit HTML and the other says Compose. You are in the Edit HTML part. Just click the other tab and you will be good to go. I was so annoyed by this until my genius husband showed me.

John and Heather Davis said...

Thank you Stacie!!!! It has been driving me CRAZY!!!!

Emily B said...

That Iron Man costume is awesome. My husband would love that. I'm glad you guys had a busy and fun Halloween.

Marylin said...

Oh Heather that is a GREAT look for you! Really you should sport that thing more often!! :) You crack me up!! So fun!!

Heidi said...

I loved the Bearded Lady when I saw you at the trunk or treat that night - so funny!!
How was your first week of school?