I just got back from the hospital seeing Grandpa. He looks sooo much better!! They were able to take out his breathing tube yesterday. It's so good to hear his voice!!! Today they put in a pick line, so they don't have to keep poking him like a pin cushion every time they need to take blood. I'm so happy he is doing better!
Saturday night he was communicating through pen and paper, because he was still hooked up to the breathing machine, and he wrote, "I'm going to make it!" This made everyone breath easier. Knowing that he is fighting gives us all the hope we were trying hard to hold onto.
Sunday I picked Grandma up in the morning to go visit him. I forgot to set clock back, so I was an hour early. It was nice to have some alone time with Grandma, I haven't had that in a long time.
I never thought that you could get yelled at on paper and it have the same effect as it would if someone were really yelling at you. It does!! Along with all of Grandpa's other problems he is also a bit deaf, so you have to talk loud to him. I guess that I was doing a poor job because he kept signaling to write something and when he did it said really big, "TALK LOUD!!!" It kind of reminded me of the howler Ron Weasley gets from his mom in Harry Potter. It made me laugh, because if he could yell at me on paper, then he must be doing a little better!
The nurses are absolutely amazing!! They are taking the best care of him. I love you Jacki and Natalie you are the best nurses Valley Hospital's SICU could have and I am so glad that you are caring for my Grandpa!
Thank you all so much for your prayer and your kind words of encouragement. Please continue to pray for him. He is a very sick sick man and if he gets to come home, it will be one of God's miracles!!
[Watch] Guru on Redbox 2007
6 years ago




4 comments:
I am so sorry. I'm sure that is not fun to go through. I'm glad to hear he's doing better too. I'll be thinking of you and your family.
I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather Heather. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. It's comforting to know that he's being well taken care of though at the hospital.
I'm also glad to hear that he's doing better and that he's fighting to get through this. Thanks for the update.
It was so nice to see him today! I really do hope he comes home tommorrow!
Post a Comment