Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Whole Bunch of EVERYTHING!!!

Hmmmm, where to begin? I guess I'll start with Grandpa! He has been home now for 3 weeks and is doing well. It is truly amazing how the body can heal itself if you just let it. He is not fully out of the woods, but I don't think that he will ever be. I am just so thankful for the extra time our family has with him and pray that it lasts for a few more years. He was able to get out of the house on Thanksgiving, and it wasn't going to another doctors appt. It was to my brother Josh's to eat some Turkey day grub. MMmmmm lovin the grub!






School. I have been going for the last 3 weeks and what can I say besides I L.O.V.E. it. John has been very supportive! I never come home to a house that's torn-up even if its torn-up before I leave. Believe me, he knows how much I appreciate him!! I am in the most wonderful class with an amazing instructor, Miss Jeannine. I am so grateful to also be going with Katie. She made the decision to go to school so much easier and has helped make the transition easier as well. We have learned so much already and yet we haven't even skimmed the surface. I look forward to going everyday. Miss Jeannine doesn't skip a beat and keeps us moving right along so everyday we are learning something new. Thursday we are doing our color wheel. I can't wait to dive into some color!! I love you fabulous HAIR!!! Really! Whats not to love?!








Twilight!!! What??? Really that's the best that they could do?? I cant say that I hated it, but I didn't love it that's for sure! I know that the movie is never going to be as good as the book, but I did expect more. So it was a bit of a let down for me. I do think that it had a lot of potential, I think that it was the directing and editing that didn't work for me. I did see it twice however, with friends and then with my sisters and John, who is know reading New Moon. I am happy that they green lit New Moon, I just hope that the budget will be a bit bigger so maybe it will be better then Twilight. I will say I laughed through the whole movie. Actually I feel that it was more of a spoof on the book, really when Edward smells Bella walking into the biology classroom- I laughed so hard I nearly peed my pants!

I had to say "Goodbye for now" to one of the most wonderful people I know, Casi Nish. Casi had leukemia 4 times over the past 4 years and while some may say he lost the battle, I say he won! He was a hero and never took anything for granted. He was an example to us all on how life should be lived in the best and the worst of times. He will be missed by many, and never forgotten.

We had Thanksgiving at our house this year with Johns family. We had a great time filling our bellies and then playing some Wii. Jaden and Bradley were lucky enough to be able to go home with Grandpa and Grandma and stay the night. Thanks to them, John and I were able to hit the stores on BLACK FRIDAY dun dun dun, (sorry couldn't resist) to do some Christmas shopping.





The rest of our weekend was spent decorating for Christmas. John is sick of lights and I couldn't be happier. I love that man!!!



Oh! I almost forgot about the CRAZY fog that we had on Friday morning. When John and I were leaving to do our Christmas shopping, this is what we came outside to. It was completely gone at 8am, but we never get fog so I had to take some pictures or I wouldn't believe it myself!!

7 comments:

Faith said...

It was good catching up on you guys. I'm so glad you're living hair school. It's a blast, and you'll be great.

The land of Vegas said...

I'm glad to hear someone feel the same way about me on the Twilight issue. I'm loving the soundtrack though. I'm glad you had a fun holiday and all is well for you.

Jeannine said...

Now that I know ur blog, you aren't going to be able to say anything bad about me. JK, u can it's all good. cute blog, I love ur background

Heidi said...

Thanks for the update - school is looking like alot of fun and I'm sure having a friend there with you makes it alot easier!

Shalae said...

Wow, what a post! So many things. I am so glad you are going to school too and that you love it. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving and that you are decorated and ready to enjoy Christmas. But the FOG?!?! Really? I don't think I have ever seen fog here. I hope you got all your deals on black Friday?

Ronda said...

I'm glad to hear your Grandpa is doing better. I liked Twilight, but it could have been a lot better. Your tree is cute, you have a nice house. Black Fiday shopping is crazy huh?

camille kempton said...

Heather I am so excited for you that you are going to hair school. My girls will be thrilled to hear that!! We have always thought you did an awesome job to begin with!! It should be a breeze for you.