About 5 months ago my Grandpa was diagnosed with Temporal Arteritis
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporal_arteritis ). He was very fortunate because, had this disease gone undiagnosed the Doctors said that he would have been dead in a week.
Immediately he was put on Prednisone and at a high dosage. My Grandfathers health has been deteriorating ever sence. The medication that he needs to live has also been the cause of his other health problems. Since he has been on the prednisone he has been diagnosed with: Diabeties, Congestive Heart Failure, has had blood clots in his lungs, and just had surgery this morning to remove part of his colon.
My Grandpa is a very strong man, but he has been through hell and back again. Because of all of these problems he has no energy, he can stand but cant walk, he is in pain, and has become depressed and discouraged.
His Doctor wants to leave him on the breathing machine for a couple of days depending on his progress and put in a colostumy bag that he will need for about 3-6 months. His Doctor wants to remain hopeful, but stressed that he is a very sick man.
It has been so hard to watch him and my Grandma go through this. While waiting for him to come out of recovery my Grandma said to me with tears filling her eyes, "I've known him my whole life, when you get to be our age and you know whats waiting for you on the other side you think to yourself, 'Whats the point!' I'm worried he wont fight!" It breaks my heart to see her pain and watch her try to be strong.
My Grandparents dropped everything and were there for my Father and us kids when my Mom past away. I pray for the strength so I can be there for them now.
[Watch] Guru on Redbox 2007
6 years ago




4 comments:
Sorry to hear about your grandpa. I'm sure you guys will be so strong and supportive to your grandparents.
Hang in there.
We missed you and your festive family this year at Halloween. You are always so much fun!
I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. We'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers.
Hang in there. My best advice is to just remember that our Heavenly Father knows each of us and he also knows our needs. Your family will be blessed all the ways you need to cope.
I didn't know your Mom had passed away. We need to talk girl.
I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa, knowing you, you will be there for your Grandma, because thats the kind of person you are. She is lucky to have you.
Post a Comment