Tuesday, February 10, 2009

HEEEEELLP!!!!


My 2 year old is driving me CRAZY with his monkey skills! He can climb up onto the counter all by himself with no help from anyone or anything. What am I to do? This morning I came downstairs to knives all over my counter top. We keep our knives on top of the fridge. I am soo worried that if I leave the room for any amount of time that he will get seriously hurt! How can I keep him from climbing onto the counters? Do any of you deal or have any dealt with this and what are you or have you done to stop it? Right now I feel like nothing will work short of tying him up with rope!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Not much advice for ya but I do have sympathy - Tanner climbs up on the kitchen table dozens of times a day and there's no stopping him!! Don't they know this behavior drives their moms crazy?

Best Life with Kim said...

You should probably put your knives in a drawer and put a child lock on it... it will only work for so long though. The other option is keep them in a lockbox in the pantry. That's what I did with my first. It was a pain in the butt... the upside: I didn't have to worry about him playing with the knives.

Kourtney said...

My oh my our boys are so much alike. Landon hasn't climbed on the counters yet, but he does just about everything else that is naughty! I really don't have any advice since I'm always trying to figure out a new way to get Landon to stop doing something. Good luck!

Ronda said...

Good luck. When Emily was almost two she got one of our knives and cut herself, and needed stitches. That was not fun. I guess justy hide your knives so you don't have to worry.