Friday, February 27, 2009

I Just Want To BE OK!!

I couldn't of said it better myself, thank you Ingrid!!

I love Ingrid Michaelson! She always seems to be able to sing about how I am feeling. This month has seemed to be a bit of a roller coaster for our family. We have had wonderful highs, but with that comes really low lows!
Today our roller coaster took us to a new level of low. John sadly was laid off. I cant say that we did know that it would come, but it was still unexpected.
We have been very blessed for John to have been working this long. Everyone except for John and the Foreman on his crew were laid off back in November. So to have been able to work and maintain a 40hr work week for the most part for the past 3 1/2 months has been an incredible blessing. Now we join the millions of others who are out of work and seeking employment. Our hope is that at least within a month he will be working again or I will be be washing windshields at the stop lights. Sorry all I can do is laugh and pray for something to turn up!!

By the way if you haven't heard it already, you need to listen to #2 on my play list! I tell ya, it's like she is in my head!!!

3 comments:

Marylin said...

Oh sweet girl I am sooooo sorry!! I have been there, oh wait I am there right now!! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your hubby that something will turn up! Man I just feel so bad cause I know how it can be! Love ya and thinking of you!

Jeannine said...

Oh Heather, that sucks so bad, like I said February sucks. Incidentally you did NOT add to the bad month. You did the right thing. It takes courage to stand up for what's right, and I really appreciate it. There is more to our little story, and I'll have to tell you about it later, but don't ever think that you caused any burden to me. You're an amazing person and you're family deserves all the good luck. I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers, and just in case I'll be looking for a 4 leaf clover for you as well!

The land of Vegas said...

Travis has been in and out of work too and I'm afraid the out is going to be coming more than the in (he is construction too). But like you said. Bishop is awesome and it helps to know in your heart things will work out. Love ya