I love everything Independence Day stands for and is. What a great All-American Holiday! My favorite part of coarse are the fire works.
(I think that this is due to the fact that it's the ONLY day I get to set stuff on fire. When I was a kid my brother Travis and I used to make fire torches and would set ant hills a flame- poor ants! We would do more then that, but I won't get into it- lets just say it's a good thing my parents always had a home to come home to, apposed to a pile of ash! Although I still enjoy watching things burn, I have calmed much in that department and I'm satisfied with fireworks and they occasional camp fire. For peace of mind, we have a Fire Escape Route Plan in the hallway that is reviewed often, just in case my children have the urge to make those kind of STUPID decisions!)
Our 4th of July celebrations started on the 3rd. Jaden and I went to the North stake to watch my moms choir perform along with the stake orchestra. It's absolutely beautiful. There was a veteran there that was 92 years old a served in Pearl Harbor along with many many others who have served our country and still serve our country along with officers and firefighters.
For the 4th John and I took the kids to see Wall-e. What a great movie. Even though there is little dialect, I think they did a wonderful job having the robots display human emotion. The kids really enjoyed it and so did John and I.
Then it was over to my parents for the firework Finale!!!
I think Owen was more interested in his sucker then the fireworks.
Our night ended with a quiet bang, Jaden, Bradley, and Owen tucked into their beds just past 11:30pm, John reading his book and me watching Northhanger Abby!!




6 comments:
Man it sounds like you guys had a busy but fun 4th! Love the video of the shark in the pool! :)
Loved seeing your 4th of July post I spent mine traveling home from Wyoming but I did get to se a few fireworks! I love this holiday too!!!
I'm jealous. sounds like fun. we moved on the 4th- nothing fun. I don't know if I can be your friend anymore if you are such a pyro. Poor ants.
Looks like tons of fun!
Wow! Looks like you all had a great Holiday. The fireworks looked amazing! We miss you all. I will keep you posted on Peyton's blessing (it may be a few months away).
It sounds like you had a great 4th!!! Cute pics!!!
Post a Comment