...a BULLY!!! Went to the gym today after getting Jaden and Bradley off to school. Signed Owen into the gyms child care and went to my first machine of the day to do some cardio. I have about 2 minutes left- sweating like craziness- when I hear my name over the speaker. I hop off the treadmill and head over to the child care room thinking that Owen just needs to be changed. Nope! No such luck! He was kicked out for the day for hitting 2 kids!!! He has had a bit of a problem lately with hitting when he doesnt get what he wants. John and I have introduced him to the corner and they have become good friends! Too good of friends. He doesnt mind being put into the corner and even laughs when we send him there. Help please!!! What have you done when your children went through the hitting stage! I really dont want to have him band from going to the gym and they said that if he hits one more time then he wont be allowed back. So what should I do??? I need your HELP!!!!
[Watch] Guru on Redbox 2007
6 years ago





8 comments:
I am having discipline issues too, but one older mom in my last ward said to use a water squirt bottle and spray them as soon as they do something wrong. It gets there attention usually works for any discipline issues. But with Dallin he didn't get it so well so we ended up using a small cup of water and when he would do something really wrong we would quickly dump the water over his head. It worked really well. He would usually stop immediately from the shock and then cry. You might look nuts, but at least it isn't you hitting them for hitting someone else.
I didn't realize they are so strict on the hitting issue. I wish I had some advise for you. Maybe bribery? Just don't get let him get kicked out. . . When Lincoln is 6 months I am planning on being there. It would be fun to work out together!
I think that's a little extreme that if he hits one more time he can't come back. Maybe some punk kid swiped a toy from him, and so he gave him knuckle sandwich! I think they could also be a little more patient with him. He's not even 2 yet, I mean, come on! And I was thinking of going to that gym. Landon would probably get kicked out too! I'm not sure what kind of advice to give. Boys will be boys.
That sucks!! I'd find a new gym or do a babysitting trade. I agree with Kourtney...boys will be boys.
Wow - he didn't have any problems in Nursery on Sunday. He did take off his socks though and put them in the pretend oven! Can you imagine if we had the hitting rule in Church Nursery? After awhile there would be no kids left!!
I'm sorry, but I can't help but laugh. He's just too cute to be a bully! I can't believe he got "kicked out." That's such a hard stage for kids though. Okay, I just went back because I missed that they said if he hits one more time he won't be allowed back. Now that's ridiculous. They should definitely be more patient and give it more time. He's little and it's hard for them to get used to it in there. Try again and maybe tell the person in there watching the kids that you're really trying to help him to not hit. Maybe if they realize you're serious they'll be a little more leniant. Dumb gym babysitters.
Josh told me about this and I just laughed. I didn't realize the gym was that strict! That is crazy!
Ok I think all of our kids have gone through the hitting. They always grow out of it....well to an extent. You just have to find some other punishment that won't make him laugh! What? all kids are differnt so there is not one cure all.
You need to read Ashly Marx blog. Same thing happened to her!! It is just a phase.
Post a Comment