Monday, September 8, 2008

This time the RUMORS were True!!!

Over the past year there have been rumors of a split, but it never happened. Our ward just continued to grow and grow. Now that we have split at the seams we have finally split for real.

The good thing is is that we still have the same bishopric. They were all recalled to preside over the newly formed Shadow Ridge Ward.
I will miss everyone in our old ward (especially the Young Woman you all have a place in my heart!), but we still share the building and our kids still go to the same schools.

I am looking forward to this change, with change comes growth. It couldnt have come at a better time!

5 comments:

Shalae said...

I was totally surprised! I guess we have no YW on Wednesday. It will be interesing to see where everyone will be serving in the new ward. It was a bitter-sweet moment when it was split, but like you said it was definetly time for a change.

Heidi said...

At least we are still in the same ward together!! I agree with Shalae, it will be fun to see all the new changes. It will be a great chance for alot of people to serve in new capacities, so that will be nice to see.

Jill Johnson said...

I just keep thinking of more people we aren't going to be with like you!! :( You are right with change comes growth. Watch your caller ID this week.

The land of Vegas said...

I'm glad we are in the same ward. I was getting to know people since I'm in primary and they leave me (sob sob). I am excited to have our same bishopric. They are great.

Karen and John said...

It was definately different going to church this last week. It is a bitter-sweet kind of thing, but definately necessary. I am glad that we are still in the same ward. John was just talking about what a cute boy Bradley was yesterday. We need to get our boys together sometime.