Sunday, August 17, 2008

Better late then never...

Girls camp was such a blast! I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life. We have such a great group of girls! It doesn't matter what year they are or who they may hang out with on a regular basis, they all love each other and look out for one another. We had no big issues at camp this year. The only bumps along the way had to do with the weather.



Boy was the weather INSANE!!! It rained everyday but Friday and Saturday and it hailed on us too! Thursday was extreme- tents flooded, sleeping bags got wet, and better trenches needed to be dug. The Amazing McArthur- and I mean AMAZING- during the storm went to get something from our tent and found that a river was created in between the two leader tents. So what does The Amazing McArthur do? Fast as lightening she digs a new trench and saves the day!!


We also had the heroic YCL's that went around to all of the wards in the stake and helped where they were needed. They were much appreciated!!


We did have some tears shed and a lot of "I want to go homes" but after a few prayers the storm moved on and the girls stuck it out. We did need to send a leader down the mountain to retrieve more sleeping bags and blankets, but like I said the girls stuck it out and everyone stayed warm. (FYI- If you put boiling water into water bottles and put them in your sleeping bag you're guaranteed a warm night.)



Stacy Clayton and Lani Nish the masterminds behind our girls camp. They put their blood sweat and tears into every aspect of camp and produced a lot of amazing memories.

I went on the 2nd year 6 mile hike along with our YW President Adrien Simpson, Asst. Camp Director Stacy Clayton, and Laurels Advisor Jeanette McArthur. Hmm what was it that had Adrien sprinting ahead of us? All I can remember is that she kept making an odd sound like- hhhuileh. I'll have to ask her.


Ha ha good times!! Us leaders in the chow line for dinner- Adrien Simpson, me, Stacy Clayton, Bishop in back, Jeanette Mc Arthur, Katie Clark, Bro. Johnson behind Katie giving Mc Arthur the bunnie ears, and Karri Payne.





Of coarse you cant have camp without Secret Sisters! One of our gifts to give was something that made your secret sister feel like a super hero. Oh boy did my secret sister, Stacy ever succeed!


I've NEVER felt more like Wonder Women in my life!!!! Bishop even thought I fit the part!



Speaking of Bishop. We in are ward are so blessed to have such an awesome and loving Bishopric. Bishop Johnson was up at camp every evening and Bro. Leavitt and Bro. Johnson switched off. We were never without! We appreciate them for taking their time to be up at camp and their families sparing them for us.


Went on the zip-line, that was fun and the rope bridge. I had the girls take some pictures of us leaders on the zip-line- bad idea- unless that is you are one of those people who like to see your bum up close with a harness snug around it.

I never heard back from our YW parents to post pictures, so I only posted the one. Which I might have to take off and you'll have to make do with us CRAZY leaders.


Like this picture here, of Karri and her hubby Terrell:)


There are always the ups and the downs, but it's what you walk away with in the end that matters!


8 comments:

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

Wow, it sounds like you had a lot of fun Heather. I remember those good old days of being at camp and having a river run through camp. Good times! Our girls in Kansas City, Missouri are so spoiled. They "camp" in cabins and they have a swimming pool to keep them entertained. I just roll my eyes at them.

Faith said...

Ah, that so makes me miss young womens. Glad you all have fun. Camp weather is always the craziest. It's certainly the thing to make you grateful for a warm bed and a hot shower!

Shalae said...

It looks like so much fun! I am still SOO sad that I missed out on all the fun. I would have taken the rain in a heartbeat! I love girls camp! I was glad to see your pictures! Thanks for all you do!

Rachel B. said...

Oh I love girls camp. So fun. And how I would love to be at girls camp with you just to hear you laughing the whole time. You have the most contagious laugh. I'm glad you had fun!

Adrien said...

Hey Heather! OK I will come out of blog-stalker mode to make a comment! We did have a great time didn't we? We have the BEST YW and leaders! The YW love their Si-st-er Daaa-vis and your laugh makes me laugh!
PS I have no idea what sound you are refering to me making on that hike! Don't you remember Jeanette's mantra: "What happens on the mountain, stays on the mountain!" Hee-hee!

Kourtney said...

It looks like it was a lot of fun. I remember one year at Girls Camp we were in a blizzard freezing our butts off and stuck in the tents forever! We all wanted to go home, but after all that we came out of it with (lets call it) a "growing experience" and lots of laughs- even if we couldn't feel our toes!

Emily B said...

I remember the year we went and it snowed and rained and everything was a big mess. I wanted to go home too. How fun for you to participate in girls' camp again. We have about 4 young women in our ward, so they only need a few adults to go to camp. I would love to go again.

Heidi said...

I think Girls Camp and rain go hand in hand - you can't have one without the other!
Looks like a great time!