Thursday, April 24, 2008

Unexpected Surprise!!

Yesterday was my 27th birthday. I really wasn't to excited about my birthday this year, because John wasn't going to be here for it. He is supposed to be on his way home tonight. YEAH!!! I cant wait to see him.

Anyway, I woke up at 5:57am to my phone ringing. It was a text from my loving husband wishing me a happy birthday. I decided that I would just stay up and take a shower before the kids woke up and wanted breakfast. When I got out of the shower I heard noises downstairs witch is unusual. (the kids normally come in my room and make sure I'm up) I started to head downstairs and I hear Jaden shout, "Don't come down!" So back to my room I went. A few moments later she and Bradley come in with a homemade card and breakfast for me. To sweet! I started to cry. I wasn't expecting anything for my birthday until John got home. My beautifully wonderful kids did this all on there own. Jaden cut up a plum and washed up strawberries and put them in a bowl and thoughtfully placed the plums around it on a plate.


Truly the BEST breakfast I have ever had!!!!
The most loving card I have ever received!!!

After I ate my delightful breakfast it was on with the day. Making the kids breakfast, making Jaden's lunch for school, changing Owen's diaper, and so on.... When the phone rings again. It was Jami Telling me to open my door. WHAT, she couldn't be here it's 7 in the morning!! Sure enough she was here with a birthday cake and fix ins for Belgian waffles. I was so SURPRISED!! She told me that Cassidy and Leanne and Mom were all coming to spend the day with me and were going to make me breakfast and lunch and we were going to watch Jane Eyre.




Jami and Leanne dishing up lunch. Mom made Chicken Taco Salad. YUMMY!!!



Simply delicious!! All there was to it was lettuce, crushed tortilla chips, chicken smothered in salsa and a little bit of ranch, and topped off with cheese. Again I say, YUMMY!





The kids had so much fun playing together while us girls tried to watch Jane Eyre, but mostly visited. This is the first picture of all the cousins together since Cole Leanne's little guy was born.


Left to right: Bradley, Owen, Abbi, Colten, Jaden, Cole, Jordan, and Andrew.


Cole and Owen playing with the drum. Cole doesn't realize that he is only 6 months and so badly wants to get up and run with the other kids. So much fun!!!

This is the cake that Jami made for me. I LOVE me some chocolate!!
Jaden, holding Colten and Jordan. They were playing house and Jordan was the Dad, Jaden was the Mom and Colten was their baby. Cute kids!!
Around 1:00 in the afternoon the UPS Lady was at my door bringing me a special delivery from John. Yesterday when they got here they were completely closed. And look at them today!! Beautiful Irises!!! Thank you Honey so much they are gorgeous!! I cant wait to see you in the morning, I've missed you so much!!!
Then my friend Lindsey stopped by and gave me these beautiful flowers. Thank you so much Lindsey I love them, and they match my kitchen perfectly!!!
Thank you Mom, Leanne, Jami, and Cassidy so much for my memorable birthday. It was so great of you guys to go through all of that trouble for me. I really appreciate it! And another big thank you for all of the calls and birthday wishes I received.

15 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Oh my gosh! What an amazing birthday! You're kids are so dang sweet, that even made me teary eyed. And what a sweet mom and sisters you have. All in all, wow, what a great day! I'm excited your hubby's coming home! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Heidi said...

Happy Belated Birthday Heather!!What an awesome birthday - you were totally spoiled!! i can't believe you're only 27!!! What a baby you are...and the kids making breakfast is so cute.

Connolly Crew said...

so, i want the pic. of the kids you have... i like it more then the one i got. oh, and you spelled abbi's name wrong...just thought you should know. and i love that we got a picture w/ you and all, but you need to edit that pic. A LOT because i look REALLY scary! if you want you can send it to me and i'll even edit it so you can re-post it :)

John and Heather Davis said...

Jami- sorry about Abbi's name, I always forget! And I tried to edit it, but I suck at it! So Yes I will send it to you and you can make us all look amazing! Thanks

Jennie Z said...

That is so sweet that your kids made you breakfast! Sounds like you had a very wonderful b-day! I am glad I am not across the street right now or I would be knocking on your door asking for some cake! That looks so yummy!

Faith said...

Happy Birthday Heather! Wish I had known. We need to get together!
What sweet kids. You're a trooper for hangin' in there solo. Mmmm, do you have any leftover cake? :)

Shalae said...

What a wonderful day! Your breakfast and card were probably the best gift! That is so sweet! I'm sure you had the best time with your family! I can't believe you are 27! Getting up there aren't you? :)

Cassidy said...

Great picture of the kids thanks for sending it to us. I haven't downloaded my camera yet to see how mine turned out. The flowers John sent you look so beautiful now that I see them opened.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
I made this for you, in regard to the last post: http://i26.tinypic.com/35akbw0.png

If this is a double post, just blame David Bowie.

maureen said...

I am so glad your special day was so good, ..I envy you, I have never had breakfast in bed made by little hands...though, I do remember my sister and I doing things for my mom. I think it helps to have more than one conspirator. how lovely, what a great memory to have and keep and good going to those kids!!! I bet they whispered and planned and had fun.
I love you girly!!

Emily B said...

Happy birthday, Heather. You're kids are the sweetest, and I know a lot of that comes from their mother. I'm so glad you had such a great day. You deserve it.

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday ! I need to get all of your family (the Stanley's) birthdays on my calendar. Can you email me with all of them. YOur kids rock! Mine would never think of something like that.

Jill Johnson said...

Awesome!! I am jealous you have family here. There is nothing like Mom and Sistas for your birthday huh?

Kourtney said...

I love that the kids made you breakfast all on their own! Precious! The look on Bradley's face in that pic is hilarious.
I knew there was some sort of partying going on over there with all the cars around. Sorry again for forgetting your birthday. I have a hard time remembering what day of the week it is so....SORRY!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Happy Birthday! I'm glad that your day turned out to be a good one! Love you!