Friday, April 4, 2008

To Move or Not to Move????


Over the past couple weeks I've been debating on moving! Our house is starting to feel a little cramped and we could use more space. But on the other hand, it's not the best time to sell at all!! Would we even get what we need out of this house to put enough down on a new one??? It's also a great time to buy. We could get a nice size home with room to grow that we could live in for a long long time!!! What to do?

John is gone again this week, back to Wyoming with my Dad. While he has been gone and I've been wondering what in the heck to do, I decided to declutter my house. So if I do decide to sell then it'll be ready to show, but if I dont then at least it wont be cluttered! I had a big huge desk in my bedroom that I moved to the spare bedroom that use to be Owen's room. I took Owen and put him in Bradley's room. Before I did all of this, I called the phone company to make sure that the DSL would work in the other room. I was told that as long as I had a dial tone I should be fine. After 4 hours of taking off bedroom doors (then discovering that I didnt have to), taking Owen's crib apart, putting it back together, taking a piece of the desk off, moving the deck (this took about an hour and a half by itself), then putting it back together, getting the computer set back up. All of this was done by myself with no help (granted I didnt ask for any, but that is not the point)!! I was beat! Now all I needed to do was check to see if the internet worked. Of coarse it didnt! I called back the phone company and was on hold forever, tranferred to about every single department, to set up an apointment to have a technician come out and switch it around. What a mess!! After all was said and done, the tech was to come out Friday at 10am and I was happy with how everything looked at the end of the day. I just hope that John is not to upset with me moving Owen in Bradley's room. He didnt want them to be together until Owen was 2. They have been together the past 2 nights and have done great. Owen did wake up the first night crying for about 10min. but Bradley said he didnt wake up. So anyway the tech came out today and I needed to move the desk again. When I called the costumer service rep. told me not to worry about moving the desk, that the tech would do it. I thought "yeah" because, it's dang heavy!! Well I asked the tech if he could help me move it, and he said "how do you want to move it?" I told him that I would take the one the side piece off, if he could pull the main piece away from the wall. While I was doing this, he is in the other room doing what he needs to do, to switch things around. He gets done before me and watches me struggle a bit trying to find a place to set down the side piece so it doesn't fall over and everything doesn't spill out of it. When I'm done I look over at him to give the o.k. to move the main part of the deck, and he just stands there. So I move the desk while he watches and directs me on how I should move it!! I'm thinking, "Were did you grow up? A barn? Didn't your Mother teach you any manners??" I was so mad!!! I couldn't believe that he just stood there and was telling me how I should move it!! Did I mention, the desk was dang heavy? I know I told him! Oh! Maybe thats why he didn't help me, I should of told him that it was light. Then maybe he would of moved it for me. Oh well I guess, at least the DSL works. Now I can get back to my, and everyone elses blogs that I've missed so much!!!

11 comments:

Billy and Lizzie Calban said...

Hey Heather....Billy and I live in Fort Walton Beach, Fl. I wish you would have stopped by our big party. I would have loved to see you.

Josh said...

Hmm... to move or not to move? I would say not. I really don't think it would be a wise decision at this point. You will not get what you think you will get from your house. Sure the market will go up, but so will your house, then when it is worth more one day, you will have more to roll over. Alma 29:3 comes to mind: But behold, I am a man, and do sin in my wish; for I ought to be content with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto me. You have a great house, sure you may get different house one day, but I don't think the time is right. The economy is hurting and things need to stabilize, jobs are being cut all over the place, and this is going to get worse before it gets better. Hold on to what you have and put what you can away, just in case. Just something to think about. Heaven forbid you should put yourselves on the line then have the economy stomp on you. Just sharing because I care!

Kourtney said...

That is so crazy that the guy didn't help! I would say some things, but since this is a G rated blog, I'll keep my mouth shut. Oh, and don't move until we do. You can't leave us!

Anonymous said...

If you guys move, we'll never be able to find the house cos we rely on a makeshift arrow on a pole a gaurdian angel obviously put there to figure out where to turn. We'd have to steal an ENTIRE pole what with being to stubborn to paint one on a new pole, or, heaven forbid, grow memories.

Marylin said...

We are having the same issues about moving so I feel your pain :) And if I were you I would have beat that guy with a dumb stick, although now a days there are too many thoughtless people. So as far as getting everyone together I think it would be fun and we should work on planning a time to do it.

Jennie Z said...

I am so SORRY that we left you that horrible desk. It is so heavy and awkward. I can't believe you moved it by yourself- you must be pretty strong! I would say don't move. I liked what Josh said above. Save while you can and learn to be content. That is something that I have been struggling with lately: learning to be content being back in an apartment and being students again. It stinks! I am very jealous of your cute home right now! And hey- you just gained a home office- good thinking!

Josh said...

I need to come and see your house and check out the changes. What did you John think about moving the boys in the same room?-Cassidy

John and Heather Davis said...

That actually was the first thing out of his mouth. "You moved the boys together!" I could tell he was a little bothered, but not bothered enough to move them back. And they are doing really good together. Jaden and Bradley both love to be able to play with there toys, that are in the spare bedroom when Owen is sleeping. So I think its worked out pretty good. John also sees how well its turned out! I think that he thought it would be worse as far as them waking each other up.

Faith said...

Hey heather! So cool to find you on here! This will be a good way for us to keep in touch. I miss you! Movings always a hard desision. Talk to Matt if you have any questions. You're kids pics are adoreable! Talk to you soon!
Love, Faith

Rachel B. said...

Okay, what a huge moron that tech was. I hate incosiderate guys. Thank goodness most seem to be pretty polite. The ones who aren't deserve to be kicked in the butt and hard! I definitely wouldn't move now unless you need too. It does sound nice to get something bigger, but if you are like us you probably won't make much or may even lose then you'll also be stuck with an even bigger mortgage. Crazy times I tell ya! I just have to say that that picture of Jaden on the side is ADORABLE. I love her dress!

Heidi said...

I feel your pain Heather! To move or not to move is a daily thought for Andrew and I it seems. There are some smokin' deals right now for us to upgrade to something bigger, but what to do with our current home. For now we're just in a wait and see because we don't want 2 mortgages!!

And that technician is a big jerk!!