For about the past few months I have really wanted a new car. One that would save me gas money and not break the bank buying it.
With this in mind, I was on the search for such a car. When I found the perfect fit for all I was looking for. I was over at my friend Shalae's house doing Young Women stuff when I saw it. It was the one I had been looking for. I asked Shalae were she got it and how much it was. I was very impressed with all that she had to say about it. I was more excited then ever. The perfect car that would be GREEN for the environment and save me some GREEN. All I had to do was to sell John on the idea.
For those of you who know John, know that he is pretty thrifty and is aways trying to find new ways to save money and better the world while doing it! I mean we go on family walks to pick up trash and soda cans, so that we can recycle the trash and turn in the cans for money. We even have our neighbors and Grandparents saving cans for us. Needless to say I didn't think that it would be to hard to convince him that his would be a good investment.
Time went by and I would occasionally bring it up, but he didn't say to much about it. I had decided that I would let it go and put my dream car aside for now until he brought it up, if he brought it up. When Friday morning he told me I should go downstairs to grab a bag of surprises for the kids that he forgot. ( He was still pretty tired from his trip home. He had only had about 4 hours of sleep, because he didn't get in until 1:30am. ) When I went downstairs I beheld the most beautiful sight in the whole world!!!! It was my car!! I couldn't believe it. How could he have pulled it off? He was out of town! Very sneaky!!!
Isn't it beautiful!!!!! Oh, did I mention that it was a Plasma Car? You can't beat the price of gas for this car- it runs on pure momentum.

Thank you Honey for getting me my DREAM car! I love it.
After all of the excitement Friday brought with Johns homecoming and my present. Saturday we took the kids to Johns Moms house and then the two of us went out for my birthday dinner to The Cheesecake Factory. 
Cheesecake Factory = YUM It was nice to be out alone with each other, after John being away for so long. Thank you Mom for watching the kids for us we appreciate it! Thank you to my incredibly wonderful hubby who knows me so well. I love you. For a birthday that I wasn't really looking forward to, to one that will live in my memory forever. I'm so grateful for that.




14 comments:
That's awesome! What a great gift! We love our plasma car! We have contemplated getting another one just so we don't have to take turns with Jayden.
Yea for your new car! How much did registration cost?? haha.
You should get personalized plates for that :)
Looks like fun to me!!!
And cheesecake factory...totally yummy!! Happy Birthday to you!!
It looks European. They're all about the green over there.
I will have to try that out the next time I come over. Might be a great thing to buy for our food and emergency kits!(ha ha)
It looks so fun!!! I haven't even seen them before- am I out of it?!
We have been contiplating buying one too. It is just so hard to make such a big purchase like that. When we come to Vegas I will have to test drive yours, Maybe that will be the decision maker. ;) They finally built a Cheesecake Factory here, I am so excited, but with it being the only one in the state of Utah it is always packed.
I sure hope I can go for a ride in your new car really soon...it is a neat red too...you know how I feel about red rides~LOL
I am so glad your birthday turned out so well, you deserve it. John works hard, but it sure isn't easy being Mom without Dad there to balance things.
When I come over I fully expect a ride down the driveway in the plasma car.
Love you all...Mom
you are one lucky girl
I wanna go for a ride!!
Happy Birthday Heather! This is Jennifer Seeley (Swanbeck). We are excited to have found your blog!
Heather - I'm so glad you love the Twilight series. I should have warned you about how it takes over your life. My kids were completely neglected for a week as I read all three books. The girls in my ward might go together to see the movie in December. You're welcome to go with us if we do. I'll let you know.
Heather - Sorry about all of the comments. I got an email from Marie Davis about a retirement party for Marsha Borovicka. Send me an email, and I'll send you the information.
embowman28@yahoo.com
Post a Comment